Have you ever heard of the wonderful benefits of consuming birdnests? Eg. Improves the skin condition and helps with beauty.
Quoted from Natural Nest:
They strengthen the body, moisturize the skin, maintain beauty, provide energy and enhance the metabolism of fat. The bird’s nests are adaptable for either sex or any age group.
Bird’s nests are sold for hundreds of dollars in Chinese medicine halls. My mum bought a box of like 14 pieces of it for $160. So it’s approximately S$10 per piece. This is probably considered cheap. There are different grades of bird’s nest and so the higher the grade the more expensive. I am not an expert in bird’s nest so I have no idea how the bird’s nests were graded. I don’t even know how to differentiate fake and real ones.
Anyhow, I am just glad that pregnancy gives me an extra reason to eat birdnest. 🙂 So before I pop, I shall enjoy this special privilege. Whether or not its benefits are proven scientifically, it certainly makes me feel good to think that it helps to improve my skin and beauty. 😀
My way of preparation of bird’s nest is rather easy.
- Take a piece of bird’s nest, rinse it under running water to wash it.
- Soak it in a bowl of water for 45min to an hour.
- Drain the water from the bowl and then refill it with fresh water.
- Put the bowl of bird’s nest in a pot of water to boil.
- After the water boils, turn the fire to small flame and continue to cook for about 45 min to an hour.
- Add rock sugar into the bowl of bird’s nest and stir to melt or leave to melt and after which it is ready to be served.
Do you take bird’s nest as a beauty supplement? 🙂